The workshop will take place on 15-16 November 2018, in Warsaw. The purpose of the meeting is to provide potential ERC applicants with information and tips on how to prepare a successful ERC proposal and manage the application process efficiently, increasing the chances of securing the grant. The event is organised by the University of Oxford together with the Polish Academy of Sciences (PAS).
Researchers applying for ERC grants. Scientists in Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH ERC panels) are particularly welcome to participate in the event.
During the Workshop ERC experts – grant holders and ERC panel members from Oxford University and Polish institutions as well as representatives of the University of Oxford and the PAS will share their knowledge and experiences regarding ERC grants, proposal writing, interviewing and evaluating.
Detailed agenda of the workshop will be available on the PAS website and is subject to slight changes.
The workshop will be held in Warsaw and will be divided between two days:
1. The individual consultations with ERC experts will take place on 15 November, from 15.30 to 17.30.
The aim is to provide the selected candidates who have the best research ideas and research profiles with an opportunity to discuss their projects with panellists and laureates in a series of short, face to face meetings.
Limit: 12 places. Selection will be based on the information provided by the applicants in this registration form.
2. The main event – ERC workshop will take place on 16 November from 9.00 to 16.00. It is composed of the presentations by ERC experts, grantees and panellists. Limit: app. 80 places.
The workshop will be held in English
Registration for the event closes on 29 October 2018 at 13.00.
Limited number of places. The organisers reserve the right to select participants for each part of the workshop. Selection will be based on the information provided in the registration form.
Confirmation email with further details regarding the event will be sent to participants approximately 7 days before the workshop.
Registration fee: participation is free of charge.
Registration form consists of the following parts:
• Participant’s details
• Researcher’s CV – presentation of the researcher’s achievements (up to 5 most important publications, invited speeches, patents etc.)
• Project idea – short description of the ERC project proposal (max. 2000 characters) – obligatory only for researchers who want to participate in individual consultations with ERC experts
• Questions regarding the participation in the workshop – enrolment to the main event and to individual consultations, data protection issues etc.
15 November: Staszic Palace , Nowy Świat 72, Warsaw
16 November: Staszic Palace , Nowy Świat 72, Warsaw
Contact details: email@example.com , tel. +48 22 182 60 80