We cordially invite applications from young ambitious scientists for the project “Identification of Angiogenesis and Metabolic Markers in Endometriosis and its Associated Ovarian Epithelial Cancer using Photoacoustic Imaging and Data Exploration (ENDOVO),” under the supervision of Dr. Monika Golińska, funded by the POLONEZ BIS 3 program of the National Science Centre for the years 2023-2025.
The project aims to identify biomarkers for early detection of endometriosis and markers indicating potential correlation between endometriosis and ovarian epithelial cancer. We are seeking two students (bachelor’s degree or at least completing the third year of master’s studies) to join the team. The thematic tasks for the team include:
- Gathering scientific data, integrating, and cleaning databases
- Integrating clinical and molecular data
- Biostatistical and bioinformatic analysis of large datasets on gene expression in endometriosis and ovarian cancer
- Assistance in preparing scientific reports for publication.
We offer within the project:
- Working on a current and crucial issue of early endometriosis detection using state-of-the-art research techniques
- Opportunities for scientific and personal development within a research unit operating at a global level
- Internships and study visits to the University of Cambridge and participation in an extensive training program
- Flexible working hours
- Research scholarship starting from a minimum of 2500 PLN gross per month.
Work on the project can commence no earlier than November 2023. We invite you to familiarize yourself with the full announcement here.
Research conducted as part of project No. 2022/47/P/NZ5/02484 under the POLONEZ BIS program, co-funded by the National Science Centre, and the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under agreement No. 945339 as part of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.